SaskWatch Research would like to take a moment to thank all our members for choosing to donate their survey earnings to the incredible non-profits and charities listed on SaskWatch! You have made a real difference to many Saskatchewan residents who rely on these organizations.
As a community-focused organization, we encourage our SaskWatch members to donate a portion of their points to worthwhile organizations like Native Plant Society of Saskatchewan. This charity has done a wonderful job working with pants, and here is what they had to say:
The Native Plant Society of Saskatchewan is an environmental charity working to promote the understanding and conservation of Saskatchewan’s native plants and habitats through communication, research, and education. We would like to thank SaskWatch and its participants for the financial contributions you have provided. Your continued support will help us expand the important work we do. Thanks to you, we’ve been able to make great achievements in native plant conservation and education. This year alone saw incredible successes such as:
• The protection of rare plants on over 136,000 acres of prairie through ground surveys, development of rare plant management plans, and the implementation of best management practices.
• Removal and monitoring of invasive Flowering Rush on approximately 100 kilometres of shoreline to prevent its spread in Saskatchewan.
• Discoveries of dozens of new locations of provincially and nationally threatened and endangered plant species.
• Collaborating on Wild About Saskatoon, a nature initiative that has just been nominated as a finalist for the Canadian Museum of Nature’s “Nature Inspiration Awards”.
• Distributing hundreds of copies of our educational resources to schools across the province and elsewhere.
• Helping to rehabilitate over 3,500 acres of degraded native prairie and sensitive streambank habitat.
• Planting approximately 1,000 wildflowers to create a pollinator refuge.
• Protecting endangered species on 14,157 km2 of land in southwestern Saskatchewan through ground surveys and developing an action plan.
• Helping to lead a kid’s ecology camp.
As you can see, they are very action-oriented, and every dollar you contribute will receive a tax receipt and goes directly to our conservation and education programming.
To donate your panel points to the Native Plant Society of Saskatchewan, once you login to your SaskWatch, click on ‘SaskWatch points’ at the top of the page. Then click on ‘Redeem’ and choose ‘Donate to Charity’. (Minimum or 150 points is required for point redemption)